Monday, July 15, 2013

Don't Sabotage Yourself!

Any fitness program, whether it be with a personal trainer or at home following a DVD, requires a certain amount of complete dedication to the program you are doing in order to see the results you want. You get out of fitness what you put into it. Doing something half way is going to yield "half way" results

I have mentioned before that I had a Personal Trainer for many years. I hired one because before my mom's heart surgery years ago I saw great results with one and wanted those results again. The problem is I wasn't focused. My diet was horrible and I was eating crap food. I was GAINING weight and getting fat, rather then the desired effect; losing weight and getting slim. I was only doing half the work and seeing half the results.

ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN. That's the saying and it's very very true. Not only abs but your entire body. There is another saying; "You are what you eat" so if you are putting crap into your body, it's going to look like crap (and you'll feel like it too). Eat whole grains, lean proteins, LOTS OF VEGGIES and drink your water. The calculation for minimum water each day is your weight divided by 2 divided by 8. I drink a minimum of a gallon of water every day and more if it's hot and humid.

Don't skip meals. That's the worst thing you can do for yourself. It slows your metabolism down and causes weight gain. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST ... it's named breakfast for a reason; you are BREAKING YOUR FAST. A healthy breakfast kick starts your metabolism for the day and depending on what you eat can even curb hunger longer.

If you are doing a Team Beachbody workout program; there are nutrition guides to help you. While you don't have to follow them to the letter it is a good idea to follow the calorie guidelines and try to match the food groups as closely as possible. A team of experts came up with this stuff and they do know what they are talking about.

Remember; once you are in the habit of eating right and working out it becomes as second nature as breathing. Give yourself time and patience when starting a new program, you won't see visible results for 4-6 weeks but they will come. If you AREN'T seeing the results you are hoping for, evaluate what you are doing within the workout. Are you pushing yourself (safely) as hard as you can? Are you eating right or having fast food? You are the reason for your own success!

As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions or email me karenborter@beachbodycoach.com

No comments:

Post a Comment