Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Do Your Best and ...

Forget the Rest. Tony Horton is a wise man and those words ring loudly in my ears every time I go home and push play. It's not about keeping up with the people on the screen. It's not about how many reps you can do. It is about completing the workout to the best of your ability and leaving your ego at the door.

Lot's of people get frustrated when they are doing a workout program at home. They can't do all the moves right away and they feel like they aren't doing anything at all ... Tony's adage of Do Your Best and Forget the Rest is super important in these moments.

When I first started doing P90X I couldn't complete Plyometrics. I almost threw up the first time I did it and had to pause the DVD I don't even know how many times. I couldn't jump and I had to do the modified moves with Pam "the blam!" and felt like I could NEVER get through this. Then Tony uttered those magic words and I immediately felt better.

Each week I would write down my sets on the workout sheet provided and before I knew it there were marked improvements on many of the exercises. But most importantly, each time I pressed play I did my best and left everything on the floor.

When you are doing an at home workout program your only motivation is the trainer on the screen and your desire to look and feel better. Come at each workout day fresh and forget the last time you did the workout this is a brand new experience. Use the modifier when you need to and leave your ego at the door. There's no shame in modifying. I do it all the time. There are some things that I just can't physically do because they are too hard on my joints. Know your body, listen to it and adjust (modify) to what it's telling you. Just don't quit. Keep going and you will see results.

Results don't come over night. It takes hard work, dedication, nutrition and consistency.

If you are ready to DO YOUR BEST AND FORGET THE REST Go to my website and click on the contact me link to discuss what changes you'd like to make and how I can help you achieve your fitness goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment