Saturday, August 23, 2014

3 Day Refresh Day 2 Meal by Meal Feedback


Day 2 of the refresh. First a little feedback for Day 1, post blog. 

I passed out at about 8:00pm last night on the couch. I was so tired. I was beginning to get a headache and I knew that it was from not having coffee in the morning or through the day. I woke up around 9pm and went to bed at 10:30pm. At 3:30 am I got out of bed and took an Excederine Migraine pill. The headache is barely there this morning but, rather then take chances today, decided to have a cup of black coffee. I may have 2. No refresh is worth me going through that for 2 more days. I also have a huge day of clearing out a storage space and moving that stuff to my moms house, not to mention clearing out a closet here at home in preparation for paint (long story). 

Upon Waking 7:30am - I drank a full glass of cold water and brewed a black coffee. I drink my coffee black anyway so this is not an issue. (read more by clicking read more)



8:30am - Breakfast. Vanilla Shakeology w/ frozen banana, ice and water blended. I intended to add cinnamon this morning but forgot. 

Skipped the "optional" green tea and had a second cup of coffee. The headache is now a distant memory but it's still kind of there. Nothing that can't be tolerated though. Spending the morning filing and getting caught up on accounting. This is a chore I hate and it's apparent because I've not done it since June 1 ... almost done. 

Pretty soon I have to get ready to go to the storage unit, however, I think I am going to do that after lunch. Instead of hummus this morning, I am opting for a 1/2 an avocado. Yes, I know that's more then 2 tablespoons of healthy fat but I think that I am going to need it to get through the afternoon. I will pair that with ~2 oz of baby carrots. 

10:30am - Fiber Sweep. I didn't have the Nutri Bullet at home that we have at work so I blended it in the blender and chugged it down. Still okay, still tastes of citrus, still not as horrible as most people make it sound. BUT YOU HAVE TO CHUG IT so it doesn't solidify. 

I am off of coffee now and am drinking my water ... time to chug that as well.  

11:45 am Lunch - Consisted of Vanilla fresh, 3 oz baby carrots and a 1/2 an avocado. That was filling and good. I added some cinnamon to the vanilla fresh and it was yummy. I will do that for dinner tonight as well. I

I just read that I messed up dinner last night by adding fruit to the vanilla fresh ... oh well. I won't do it tonight. I think I am going to opt out of the veggie broth, it's not very tasty. I think, too, that rather then the cucumber tomato salad, I am going to do the lemony green beans. I think I will be more fulfilled with that. We'll see

Off to empty the storage locker and bring to my moms house. Let's see how I feel tonight. I am likely going to be skipping my snack since I will be moving stuff. We'll see how that goes. I may eat my snack when I get home and then make dinner a bit later in the evening. In the mean time ... water water water. 

I had my snack around 4pm tonight. I had some baby carrots and the other 1/2 of the Avocado. That tied me over until dinner, which was at 6:30 tonight. 

6:30pm - Dinner; Vanilla Fresh w/ Cinnamon and Lemon Green Beans. I skipped the vegetable broth tonight. I have to say I really like the Lemon Green Beans and will be incorporating that into my regular dinner routine. 

I have had almost a gallon of water tonight and will likely be drinking 32 more ounces on top of that. 

All in all, Day 2 went much better then Day 1. The coffee helped to ease the onslaught of a headache so I will repeat that tomorrow. I have an appointment in the morning so Lunch is going to be late but I will get the Fiber Sweep in before I leave the house for a 10:30 am appointment. The rest of the day will have to play out as it goes. We still have about 1/4 of the stuff in the storage unit to move but that shouldn't be a problem. 

Day 2 down ... 1 to go ...

No comments:

Post a Comment