Friday, August 22, 2014

3 Day Refresh Day 1 Meal by Meal Feedback


Upon waking I had the prescribed 10 oz of cold water. They recommend that to start your day and begin to get the body lubricated. Throughout the 3 day refresh they say to drink lots of water. Since I drink about a gallon of water every day this won't be an issue for me. 

8:30 am: The plan calls for Breakfast minimum 1 hour after waking. I had to schedule the meals on a spreadsheet to make sure that I would be eating dinner around 6:30 pm. Breakfast consisted of  1 Scoop Vanilla Shakeology (I opted to not do the vegan plan for this), 1/2 Frozen Banana, 10 oz filtered water and ice blended. 

I have to say that I miss my almond milk and while it's not technically dairy, it does contain the word "milk" so I wanted to at least stick to the plan for this portion. The shake itself wasn't bad. I never mix my Shakeology with water so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised.  I am a little light headed by I attribute that to the lack of caffeine not the lack of calories.(read more by clicking read more)



9:30 am Mid Morning Tea: Green Tea, decaffeinated. Nothing special here. It's tea, it's green tea. 

It's 9:54 am and I am feeling light headed. It's not due to lack of calories, it's due to lack of coffee. You never realize how dependent you are on something until you aren't doing that something. 3 days no coffee. I am not sure I can make it. Come Monday, I am going to need an I.V. 

10:30 am Fiber Sweep: 1 Packet of Fibersweep with 10oz of water. I have to be honest, I was DREADING this. I have read so much about how horrible it tastes and how the consistency is awful and clumpy. I didn't find it to be any of those things. It has a slight citrus flavor which wasn't bad (actually refreshing) and I drank it so fast, I didn't give it a chance to get clumpy. That is the trick with this drink, you must chug it. It is not a sip and sit drink. 

It's 11:37 and I am hungry. I typically am eating my lunch by now (usually consists of a spinach salad with protein or a turkey burger and veggies). I am literally counting the minutes until my lunch. 

11:45 am Lunch: Vanilla Fresh w/ 1/2 frozen Banana and Ice blended with 1.45 oz of baby carrots and 2 tablespoons of hummus. The Vanilla fresh is okay. I am drinking it as I am typing this. I added frozen banana and blended it so it's thick like a shake. I am chewing my first food of the day, baby carrots and hummus. It feels good to chew food and I think that this, the celery / hummus snack and the cucumber / tomato / soup dinner I am going to have tonight will help stop cravings. 

I had to go to Trader Joe's at lunch to pick up basil, italian parsley, green beans and bananas ... the food in there all looked so good. It's weird, like it always looks good but knowing that for the next 3 days I won't be able to eat any of it ... well it looked ESPECIALLY good. 

Back to lunch; I just finished and I am oddly satisfied. We'll see how things progress as the day goes on. I have afternoon tea then another snack before going home for the day. 1 1/2 hours before the celery sticks and hummus at 2pm. 

1 hour 15 minutes till my first snack. I think that my light headiness comes from not coffee today. That's my story and I am sticking with it. I am already kind of dreaming about the veggie broth/cucumber salad for dinner tonight. 3 days of this? 

Those last 15 minutes took forever. 58 minutes until my alarm on the phone goes off. Yes, I have alarms set to tell me when I can eat again. It's a good idea, IMO.  Thank goodness I get off at 4pm today. Honestly, glad that I 

45 minutes. This is not a good sign when I am counting down to eat celery sticks and hummus. 27 minutes.

2:00 pm ... FINALLY SNACK TIME. Consisted of celery stalks x 2 and hummus. I had some hummus left over from lunch so used that as well. That seemed to satisfy me. 45 minutes till green tea. 

I think the hardest thing, so far, is no coffee. 1 hour till tea.

3:30 pm ... tea. Green Tea. It's tea. I have less then an hour before going home for the weekend. 

Green tea seems to be helping. I made it at around 3pm. I now have to wait until 6pm for dinner. 

Going home

6pm Dinner: Another Vanilla Fresh with frozen banana and 10 oz of water. I also made the Cucumber/Tomato salad and opted in for the vegetable broth. I have decided that I am going to try the broth tomorrow night WITHOUT basil ... and leave off the Italian parsley from the cucumber salad. I just finished dinner. 

I am getting a slight headache but hope it doesn't go into a full blown one. I get bad headaches sometimes from not eating but that's the thing, I am eating it just doesn't SEEM like it. 

Day 1 is in the books ... maybe a cup of green tea later but from here on out it's LOTS OF WATER.

No comments:

Post a Comment