Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Skinny on 3 Day Refresh (with photos)

I received my 3 Day Refresh kit in the mail yesterday. I will be doing this on August 15-17 and will be taking before and after photos as well as before and after statistics. I plan on doing a blog at the end of each day to relay to you my experience with the refresh. Read more by clicking the link (there's pictures!)

The 3 Day Refresh consists of three daily shakes, a fiber drink, plenty of filtered water, plus a wide array of fresh fruits, vegetables and healthy fats throughout the day to keep your energy and metabolism up. The caloric intake is ~ 900 calories and it is suggested that if you will workout that you do something light like Yoga or PiYO but nothing too strenuous.

The booklet that comes with the program outlines what your 3 days will look like. Here is the plan for Day 1 (and it's the same for Days 2 & 3)




 I apologize for the format but I wanted to make the photos large enough for you to read.

The booklet provides you with the fruit and veggie options as well as the healthy fat options. It also gives you a list of  "guilt free flavorings" that can be used on your meals, but won't sabotage what you are trying to do. During the 3 days you are asked to refrain from Dairy products and it is suggested that if you normally drink coffee, that you do it black (or with a little Stevia) or, better yet, drink some green tea in order to stave off the caffeine withdrawal. While almond milk isn't considered dairy, it is suggested you mix your Shakeology as directed in the program. They also suggest that you utilize the VEGAN Shakeology products during this cleanse as the regular formula contains Whey Protein. I use Vanilla Shakeology and I plan on using that during the refresh so my results my vary due to the fact that my product contains Whey. You are on a time table and therefore, I plan on setting an alarm for each "meal".

People that have done this refresh have reported a 2-6 lb weight loss in the 3 days. Now I know what you are thinking "Of course you are going to lose weight if you limit your caloric intake". This is true, however your protein intake is still going to be very high. The Vanilla Fresh Shake contains 20 grams of plant protein and your Shakeology will contain 16 grams of protein. So you aren't really "starving" yourself. You are also told to drink at least 1/2 your body weight in water ... It is suggested that you drink at least a gallon a day, however. This is on top of the water you are using for your Fiber Sweep, Vanilla Fresh Shake and your Shakeology.

The dinner options are great; they include items such as a spinach salad (which is likely what I will have all 3 days), a cucumber/tomato salad, roasted asparagus with almonds and other such vegetarian based meals. Heck, I may even make a few of these prior to starting the refresh just to see how they are.

The Fiber Sweep, from what I hear, MUST BE CONSUMED IMMEDIATELY AFTER MIXING. This product is designed to soak up water and, therefore, will change consistency very quickly after mixing. My plan is to mix in a blender and chug immediately.

Who is this refresh for? It's for those who either need to jump start their nutrition and get the toxins out of their body prior to starting a workout program. Or perhaps you have an event coming up and you just want to get rid of a little tummy bloat. I am doing it between programs to clean out my insides and to help curb unhealthy cravings. Dark Chocolate is my nemesis. 

If you are interested in the 3 Day Refresh (with Shakeology) or the 3 Day Refresh (without Shakeology) simply click the links to order. If you would like more information you can always EMAIL ME

No comments:

Post a Comment