Saturday, July 19, 2014

Les Mills Combat ... The Road So Far

I am about at the 1/2 way mark for Les Mills Combat. This is like no other Beachbody program I have done, and I have done many (P90x, P90X2, Insanity Asylum's 1 and 2, Focus T25, P90X3). Dan and Rach, the trainers, and their team make working out FUN.

The first program in the schedule is the Training DVD. Basically this is a "how to" disk for the moves showing you different technique in order to get the form right. It introduces you to fighting terminology and the like. I watched the DVD but didn't do it. Initially, I ordered only the base pack (it was on Sale) but after doing 1 day of workout (Combat 30: Kick Start) I was hooked and immediately purchased the Combat Ultimate Warrior add on DVD's.


The DVD's included in the program are; 

Combat 30: Kick Start  (30 minutes) - This workout gives you a good basis of foundation for the moves in Combat. It's not too intensive but I guarantee that in 30 minutes you will work up a sweat, burn a ton of calories and be completely spent

Combat 45: Power Kata (45 minutes) - I love this workout. It introduces us to a brazilian fighting technique called Capoeria by utilizing the Ginga. This move is AWESOME. If you haven't done a ginga, you haven't lived IMO.  This is an instructional video of what Ginga is ... put into the combat program, it's awesome.

 

 Combat 60: Extreme Cardio Fighter (60 minutes) - I have done this workout 7 times now and I am not tired of it. I look FORWARD to doing 60 minutes of combat (often 2x a week) and it makes me feel great when I am done. It's a calorie scorcher and it will work every single muscle in your body. When I am done with this workout, I can barely move ... seriously. There is a push up/ab sequence at the end that is brutal and it's only tolerable because of the music (more on that later) and the trainers and how fun they make being in utter and complete pain

Power HIIT 1 (about 30 minutes or less) - High Intensity Interval Training uses short bursts of maximum effort followed by recovery to push you into metabolic and muscle-conditioning overload. At the end of this workout I am dripping sweat. It is hard, it is intense but it's worth it. 

Shock Plyo HIIT 2 (about 30 minutes or less) - Uses propulsion exercises to improve athletic power and endurance, pushing you into peak performance mode. Again, just spent after doing this workout. 

The last DVD in the base kit is Combat 60 Live. I've not done that yet as it falls into the last 60 days but I imagine it's similar to Combat 60 but in a live setting

If you order through me you also get a BONUS WORKOUT, Combat 30 Kick Start Live! It's an alternate workout done live. 

That's it on the base kit ... The Ultimate Warrior DVD's consist of the following: 

Upper Body Blow Out - This workout utilizes weights in order to completely blow out your upper body in a 30 minute workout. If you want to push your workout to the next leve, get this pack. 

Lower Body Lean Out - Same thing for the legs. By the end of this workout you will be finding it hard to walk if you totally bring it. 

Warrior Inner Strength - This is the stretch DVD. It's a series of Kata's and, frankly, by the end of this I feel so centered and strong. It really makes me feel great. I NEVER skip a stretch and look forward to doing this one each time it comes up on the schedule 

Core Attack - The ab workout DVD. This core program is, in my opinion, the BEST Beachbody AB workout I have done to date. I never skip it. 

The music makes these workouts even better. Done in rhythm, the moves are easier to follow. The other great thing about this is that the trainers are listening to the music WITH YOU. How do we know this? Well they often SING ALONG to the tracks. That's what makes this workout so awesome. I love love LOVE the music. Once you do the workouts for a little bit you start to hear the beats and your movements are timed to the beats. 

I love this program so much I have come up with a doubles schedule along with PiYO (which I will be starting around Mid August). If you want to get in on the fun email me for more information or to order. Or, simply click on the link above. Bonus is that you will have me as your FREE COACH (no additional charge). I have a couple of great groups on Facebook for accountability as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment