Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Eat more to lose weight ...

What's that you say? Eat MORE? But I've always been told to eat less to lose weight.

Yes, that would be true if you aren't working out and sitting on your ass all day at a desk job. But if you are like me and working out 5-6 times a week doing high intensity programs or even just lifting weight you have to eat more to replenish the calories burned during working out.

I liken it to a gas tank. As you drive your car your gas gets used up and when it's empty it won't go anymore. It's similar with calories. If you aren't getting enough of them then your body begins to store those calories as fat in order to make sure you can still "drive".

As most of you know, I use a website called My Fitness Pal to track my calories (please refer to my previous blog My Savior My Fitness Pal ) and have for almost 4 years now. It's helped me maintain the weight that I have lost and it's a great tool in the battle of the bulge.

If you are doing a workout like P90X, Insanity, Turbo Fire etc, you are going to need fuel for those workouts. If you don't you may actually find that the scale is moving in the wrong direction.

For more details on eating check out my previous blog as noted above ...

If you have any questions on how I lost my weight and what workout programs I do Contact Me and I will be happy to answer any questions I can.

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/karenborter


No comments:

Post a Comment