Do you eat fast food a lot? I try not to. I mean I REALLY try not to. I haven't had fast food in 6 weeks ... found this on the web today ... Read after the break if you can't read the image.
After reading this ... no wonder we are a nation of sick people ... UGH this is gross.
10 Disgusting Facts About Fast Food
1. McDonalds Milkshakes use 50 chemicals including ethyl acetate,
phenethyl alcohol and a solvent to “imitate” the flavor of a real
2. The FDA allows an average of 30 insect fragments, including rodent hair, per 100 grams of peanut butter.
3. Shellac is not only used to improve the shine of wood, it’s also used to improve the shine of jelly beans.
4. The FDA allows bacteriophages (a virus that infects and replicates within bacteria) in lunch meat and hot dogs.
5. Chicken “nuggets” use pink paste processed with chemicals and
bacteria, washed in ammonia and reflavored with more chemicals before
6. Apparently there’s a fair amount of hair in processed food (this
one seemed a little hype-y to me; even the best of us lose hair while
7. Each can of coke contains 10 teaspoons of sugar, along with phosphoric acid to enable your body to tolerate that much sugar.
8. Fast food salads contain Propylene Glycerol (lettuce is soaked in a solution of water and P.G. to help keep it crispy).
9. Many fast food chicken items contain beef additives, listed as an “extract or essence,” in order to enhance flavor.
10. “Processed” cheese contains 49% of additives, chemicals and flavorings
Source of the info and graphic: http://positivemed.com/2013/04/20/10-disgusting-facts-about-fast-food/