Monday, August 5, 2013

What STATurday did for me

First of all THANK YOU to the overwhelming response to my 5 week progress blog. I am floored. Truly. But that's not what this blog is about. What is is about is what happens after 5 weeks of doing a workout program and trusting the system ... This is about what happens to me, personally, when I see the changes ... read on

For 4 of the 5 weeks I just followed my own food guide. I was eating what I have been eating and I was dismayed when I hadn't dropped ANY weight. Now I know that I had posted that Ditch Your Scale blog but sometimes for me practicing what I preach isn't as easy as it sounds.

I tried to not think anything of it but decided that for Week 5 I really wanted to step it up a notch and started to follow the 5 Day Fast Track nutrition guide that came with my copy Focus T25 . I have never followed a nutrition guide before because I had always had a handle on my food / calories by logging in at My Fitness Pal but this time it wasn't enough. I wanted to have similar results to those people that I've been seeing in the videos and I knew that one of the ways to ensure those results was to follow a better, more balance eating plan.

So I did ... and I felt differently then I ever have before. I committed to using Vanilla Shakeology  every day for breakfast using three of the recipes in the guide. I picked lunch, snack and dinner items that I could repeat through the week so that it fit my budget and I PLANNED my entire week of eating in advance. What was the end result of working hard for 25 minutes a day (50 on Friday) and eating a balanced diet of Carbs/Protein/Fat? I lost 3.4 lbs and 5.5" ... I know that the pounds came off in that week ... the inches were over the 5 week period. What was the result of THAT?

I am CHARGED UP for the next 5 weeks. I already have my eating plan for this week entered in my diary and am starting Week 6, Day 1 Beta (total Day 36 of the program) today. I can't wait to share photos with all of you on my 10 week progress ... I will be doing the 4 weeks of the Gamma program as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment